NUS Baba House Heritage Tours - April 2018
Discover more about the ornate NUS Baba House through an hour long tour! You will be transported to a Straits Chinese family home in the 1920s, furnished with heirlooms from the Wee family (the previous owners of the house) and other donors. Artefacts at the NUS Baba House are displayed in their original context. In the master bedroom, for example, a set of red-and-gold bridal beds survives intact.
The third floor has been converted to an art gallery for exhibitions that explore the community and neighbourhood from different perspectives. The current project in the gallery is titled Preserve/ Conserve/Restore: Studies at 157 Neil Road and spans over a period of three years. It seeks to engage with NUS Baba House as a site for studies in urban history and the technical conservation of built heritage.
Limited to 13 pax per session and suitable for adults and children aged 12 and above, advanced booking is required.
- Entry is free for all Singaporean Citizens and Permanent Residents, all students holding a valid student pass, NUS staff and alumni and ICOM and Museum Roundtable members.
- To enjoy free entry, please key in "CONC" under discount code when purchasing your ticket.
- You may need to present a valid proof of identity such as an identity card, Driving License, NUS Staff Card, Student Card or an ICOM or Museum Roundtable Card to enjoy free entry.
- A $10 fee (incl GST) is applicable for all other visitors. GST Registration No: 200604346E
- In the event that the programme is cancelled by the NUS Baba House, you will be provided with a full refund.
- Cancellations by participants made more than 50 days after the purchase of tickets will be charged a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations by participants made less than 7 days prior to the event are non-refundable.
[ Mon ] - [ Fri ]
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM SGT
- NUS Baba House
Monday, 2 Apr (文化遗产导览) :
SOLD OUT $10.00 Tuesday, 3 Apr : 10am SOLD OUT $10.00 Wednesday, 4 Apr : 10am SOLD OUT $10.00 Thursday, 5 Apr : 10am SOLD OUT $10.00 Friday, 6 Apr : 10am SOLD OUT $10.00
- Venue Address
- 157 Neil Road, Singapore 088883 Singapore
Nearest MRT Station: Outram Park (Exit G). Parking facilities available at Everton Road Multi Storey Carpark and Singapore Heart Centre.
NUS Baba House1,828 Followers